faith comment newsletters annual reports archives audio video minutes Petersfield Radio

Minutes of the Co-ordinating Committee Meeting held in
St Laurence Parish hall, on Wednesday, 27 June at 7:30 pm

Purpose of Meeting: A forum for ‘communion’ and communication between PACT churches, PACT organisations and local Christians, to facilitate events aimed at increasing opportunities for joint worship, witness and work between PACT churches.

1 Introduction, Bible reading and prayer – HDaniel, Chapter 6, Simon Mason

2 Apologies for absence - apologies were given by Tim Concannon, John Owen, Lindsey Clegg, John Studd, Lynn Carter, Amanda, Greenlee, John Callaghan

3 Minutes of the last meeting Minutes of the last meeting 25th April 2018 were agreed (copies are available on the PACT website.)

4 Events since last meeting:

5 Reports/updates/actions

  1. PACT prayer days – The next prayer day will be run by the Life Church Men’s group. It will be held at the Salvation Army Hall on 25/7. Anticipated timings – 8am-8pm.

  2. Foodbank (printing) Would churches with administrative teams be willing to provide the PACT Foodbank with colour printing? They will pay for copies. Action: If you are part of an administrative team and would like to support the Foodbank in this way, please email secretary@pact.org.uk details of your opening times.
    WWI update Action - David Barton to ask Steve Field for more information about what he would like from the Ministers and to feed this back.

  3. Summer Festivals – the ‘church slot’ at the spring festival was well attended, positive feedback was given by the organisers. The ‘church slot’ will follow a similar format at the summer festival.

  4. Flower Festival – held in St Peter’s, was well attended with a high standard of entries.

  5. St Mary Magdalene mystery worshipper – St Mary Magdalene church would like a mystery worshipper to attend a service and give feedback. For more details please see the attached form or email admin@sheet.church

  6. GDPR – impact on PACT - John Studd has done an opt-in for PACT mailing lists. Action: Helen will adapt a privacy policy and send it round for reps to view.

  7. URC Holiday at Home - All places are now booked. The holiday will run from 20 August – 22 August. There is still a waiting list available if you know anyone who would like to attend.

  8. URC – ordination of new minister - Josh Thomas, 30th June at 2pm.

  9. Agencies meeting 28/6 - Helen has sent her apologies on behalf of PACT

6 Any other business

7 Future dates:

Closing prayer – Simon Mason

  • PDF Copy of these minutes
  • Minutes of previous meetings
  • Dates of future PACT Committee meetings
  • Members of the PACT Committee
  • web design by SiteWeave